Work hard

Work hard

Tuesday, 25 October 2016

Lakewood Lodge

Lakewood Lodge

18th of  October

It was really early and cold but I was really excited because it was camp day, I reached school with my heavy duffel bag and school bag. We finally reached Lakewood Lodge, we all had to settle in our cabins my first activity was survival camp. One of the instructors told us to pack for survival camp we. I was in group 4 the Killer Bunnies and Jarod led the way to Survival camp because the rest of us didn’t know where to go. Once we got there we had to pitch up our tent so for us to sleep in. In the tent was Hannah, Johanri, Grace, and I we pitched up our tent then it was the mud run I really didn’t want to do it but we had to. We did a relay in our groups we were finally done and I was so happy that we could shower but then I heard that we couldn’t take a shower. I was really mad then the instructor made us do the punishment which was rolling in the mud and when we got out we had to do an army crawl I got in a big fight with Sean, Andre, and Mitchell they started to throw mud at me and I pushed Sean it felt so good. We had to wash up in the lake but that was not a clean lake it was filled with weeds and mud. We had to change then we got some challenges they were really fun they were all about survival then we did the Burma trail we had to walk all the way back to camp. We had to line up in a big line and get blindfolded and put one hand on the person in front of us we walked to the trail. One of the instructors put our hands on a rope and then we had to walk holding onto a rope at the same time we all got separated but Hannah was behind me so she quickly ran and held my hand. One of the parents or teachers had a fake snake then when they put it on Hannah she freaked out she screamed and pulled me down to the ground I got so dirty and she still was screaming. After we finished the Burma trail we walked all the way back to Survival camp. We played a couple rounds of spotlight it was really fun at around 9 or 10 it was lights out everyone was complaining that it was cold and the ground was hard.
19th of  October
We had to wake up around 6 to get ready for the morning run we packed our bags and did our morning run we were really tired when we finished the morning run. We had breakfast I just had cereal then we had to get ready for our next activity and we had archery We walked over to the course and grabbed bows when it was my turn I had to get a small bow because the medium was really big it was the same size as me. So I shot really bad I didn’t hit the bullseye but overall I was okay at Archery. Then at 11 it was time for our next rotation we had horse games. We all went down to the paddock Johanri and I were scared of riding horses. We got to brush the horses then we got to know about them a lot of interesting facts but then it was time to ride them Johanri and I chose to go on the small horse Maz. We played a game it was fun I loved Maz I wanted to keep him Johanri still wasn’t familiar with horses. Then at 12:30 it was time for Lunch it was really nice we all had to get ready for our next activity at 1:30 I had kayaking it was really cold and windy we paddled around for awhile the it was time for some games we played evolution and tag Andre fell of his kayak he started to panic he tried to get back in his kayak but he sunk his kayak then he was really cold and tried to get on Owen's boat but then Owen started to yell we pack up our kayaks. Then after that we had to do the water slide it was really stinky but if it didn’t stink I would like it. We had dinner then it was our talent quest and line dance it was really fun. After that we had a little of free time me and Hannah were at the top bunks next to each other and then Stephanie and Johanri at the bottom. Me and Hannah were talking and laughing we got ready for bed when all the girls were up in the cabins grace started to sing then everyone joined in we all were being really silly and Hannah would laugh and giggle but then Mrs Bailey would come up and say “everyone lights out go to sleep” We all got into our beds and everyone would talk and laugh but then we all got into big trouble then we all had a nice sleep.

20th of October

At 6:30 everyone was awake but we were still in bed we were all talking and watching the door because everyone told us that you would get wet from Mr Munro and Mr Fourie with their water guns. We all tried to make up a plan so we wouldn’t get wet but none of them were good enough. We were waiting and listening we all thought that they weren’t coming so we all got ready and sat on our beds but then we heard a scream it was Danielle she was screaming because of Mr Munro and Mr Fourie they were here they squirted everyone and Alex yelled out we are awake but they didn’t care. Hannah and I tried hiding under our blankets but that didn’t work we all were so mad we all got ready for the day. We had to do our morning run it was twice around the camp we all finished and couldn’t wait for breakfast I just had cereal again cause that's what I normally have in the mornings. After that we had to get ready for the first activity we had wall climbing I loved wall climbing I almost bet the record 36 seconds of the school but then I got 38 seconds so it was tough luck for me. Then around 10:30 we had morning then we had to get ready for our next activity I had Low Ropes basically we just had to balance on a couple of things and us your team as well. At 12:30 it was lunch and I loved their food we had mac and cheese it was the best finally we had to get ready for our last activity for the day I had flying fox with group 3 too and I got massive wedgies because I was too short when they took of the clips. The parents also threw mud from the lake I was so wet and mad. Shortly after that we helped Abby with her stuff and it was the water slide we had no choice again we were all lined up ready to go but then Alex and Stephanie tried to get Mr Fourie wet with a bucket of water. He turned around and then he said “ you better watch out” after that we took a shower then it was time for dinner we had lasagna and mac and cheese then we had Y games it was so funny. We had to get ready for bed we did the same thing the night before we sang and laughed and talked all about our day. It was lights out but Stephanie was really scared because of the punishment so she slept in the same bed as me.

21st of October


We woke up scared but we didn’t get wet so we were really happy so we got ready for the morning run Mr Fourie said that we need to fill up or drink bottles to the top we thought that we had to do extra runs but it was not that. Mr Fourie said that we will all had to run and stop at the finish line and once we were there Mr Fourie gives a small talk about pushing ourselves. Then he said “ Boys” some of the boys held Alex and Stephanie down and Mr Fourie said “ whoever dunks their drink bottles on one of these girls they don’t have to do another lap” I grabbed my bottle and wet Stephanie then it was time for breakfast. After that we got ready for the top class event Mr Fourie walked us through the course and we all got in our positions 4 people had to do a relay around the camp and the last person had to touch the wall climbers then they had to touch the throwing team then the archery then the mud run course then the flying fox and then kayaking then the water sliding then the whole class would have to lie down and  make their room number. We had prizegiving then on the bus on our way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment