Work hard

Work hard

Tuesday, 25 October 2016

Camp 2016
Lakewood lodge

Screenshot 2016-10-26 at 9.17.19 AM.png18th of October

We got on the bus at 9:00 A.M. ready to go to Lakewood Lodge. We got there at about 10:30 A.M. When we got to Lakewood lodge we put our bags down where we are going to sleep but not group 1 to 4. I was in group 1, so I had to go to survival camp and sleep in a tent. It was not a very long walk to get there. When we got there we had to put up our tents up that we are going to sleep in. After we put the tents up and we had to go and do some activities like:
  • S.O.S (save our souls)
  • Camouflage
  • Mud run
  • Spotlight
  • Capture the flag
After all of those games we had to cook our own dinner, we had to make a fire and cook our dinner with the fire. For dinner we had mince, rice and some veggies. At about 9:00 P.M we hopped into bed and we went to sleep.

          19th of October

We woke up at about 6:20 A.M to get ready for our morning run we had to walk all the way back quickly so we didn’t miss the run. After the morning run we had some breakfast and then we got ready for our first activity. The first event was low ropes. Low ropes was really fun I liked the one when you had to balance everyone on something for 15 seconds.
Screenshot 2016-10-26 at 9.15.54 AM.pngSecond that day we had kayaking. I didn’t really enjoy it that much because I don’t really know how to kayak. Third that day group 1 had wall climbing. I really enjoyed it because I really like climbing and I made t to the top on both of the climbing walls. After that we had some dinner and we were getting ready for the talent quest and at about 9:00 P.M we had finished and the team black and white came first and for the line dance group 3 won.

20th of October
Screenshot 2016-10-26 at 9.17.07 AM.png
our third day at Lakewood Lodge we got up again at 6:30 and we all were getting ready for the morning run and Mr Fourie and Mr Munro squirted water guns at us and we all got soaked before the  morning run. After we had breakfast and getting ready for our first activity for the day group 1 (team Smash) had Archery first. I really enjoyed it because I nearly hit the balloon but I didn’t but on my first go I got 30 points for my team. At about 10:30 A.M we had morning tea and getting ready for our next rotation. My next rotation was the flying fox with group 2 as well. I really enjoyed that because the lady Abby let us do the trust fall which is when you go off the platform backwards and close your eyes. At 12:30 we had lunch and then we had horse games but the horse felt sick and the other horse felt sad because the other one was sick so instead team 1 had to do the iron person challenge and we had to do an obstacle course and roll around in mud instead of riding the horses. After we had some dinner and we were getting ready for the wire games. I really enjoyed the wire games because it was really interesting and really fun to watch people stuff marshmallows in the mouth. And then we were getting ready for our last night at Lakewood lodge.
Every evening the water was compulsory for everyone, just before dinner.

21st of October
On our last day we woke up and we had to do our last morning run and thanks to Mrs Bailey she hid the water guns so we didn’t get wet right before our morning run. After the morning run we had to have some breakfast and we had to clean up and pack up all of our stuff and then at about 10:30 we had to have our  morning tea and getting ready for the top class event and room 7 won, room 8 came second and room 6 came 1st on the wrong end. After that we had to go to prize giving and we had to get ready for hoping on the bus at 1:30 P.M.

By Hannah Smith
Thank you for the Images:)

No comments:

Post a Comment